At Piazza Castello, it is possible to admire a reconstruction of the tower of the ancient castle.
The castle of Agliano Terme was destroyed in the first half of the seventeenth century, during the struggle between the Duke of Savoy and the Spaniards for the succession of Monferrato.
On the ruins of the castle the church dedicated to S. Pietro was built, then destroyed in 1770.
Today nothing remains of the mighty manor, except a plaque placed on the reconstructed tower, now owned by the aqueduct, with the history of the manor and of Bianca Lancia di Agliano, and a painting located on one side of the tower, made in recent times, in which the figure of Bianca Lancia and the product of excellence of the territory stand out.
From the love between the two was born Manfredi, king of Naples and Sicily, mentioned by Dante in the third chant of the Purgatory.
The top of the building is a very interesting panoramic point, which overlooks the gentle hills of Monferrato planted with vineyards: from here, on clear days, it is possible to see the whole mountain range of the Alps, from which the Monviso stands out, the famous “King of stone”.
The view over the vineyards, which are part of the UNESCO World Heritage, is wonderful.
From this point, in addition to the vineyards, you can admire a very suggestive view over the roofs of the village, with the bell towers that sprout. One is that of the Church of San Giacomo Maggiore, the other belongs to the deconsecrated Church of the Confraternity of San Michele.