• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 44° 45' 08'' N | Long. 8° 26' 03" E
• Altitude: 225 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 3.07 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Alice Bel Colle (province of Alessandria), Castel Rocchero, Fontanile, Quaranti
• Postcode: 14040
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005027
• Land registry code: C161
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climate classification: zone E, 2673 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: castellettesi
• Patron saint: S. Bartolomeo | August 24th
• Distance from Asti: 40 km
The municipality of Castelletto Molina is located in the hills of the High Monferrato, reaching the province of Alessandria with its southernmost borders.
Located in a natural landscape, great for those seeking quiet and relaxation, is about fifteen kilometers from the centers of Nizza Monferrato and Acqui Terme, while in just over half an hour you can reach the provincial capital Asti (40 Km).
Its territory is about 3 km², characterized by gentle hills (the average height is 225 meters above sea level) that, given also the excellent exposure to the sun, are cultivated mostly in vineyards with excellent production of D.O.C. and D.O.C.G (Barbera d'Asti, Barbera del Monferrato, Moscato d'Asti, Brachetto d'Acqui, Dolcetto d'Asti, Cortese dell’Alto Monferrato and Chardonnay).
Castelletto Molina is still one of the few centers of Asti to keep alive the practice of "balon": "ball to the bracelet" once, today "ball to punch (pallapugno)", an ancient sport very popular in the Cuneo area and in the Ligurian Apennines.