• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 45° 00' 16'' N | Long. 8° 00' 36'' E
• Altitude: 231 meters above sea level
• Surface: 5.06 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Castelnuovo Don Bosco, Cerreto d'Asti, Montafia, Passerano Marmorito, Piovà Massaia
• Postcode: 14014
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005019
• Land registry code: B707
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climate classification: zone E, 2676 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: caprigliesi
• Patron saint: S. Martino di Tours | November 11th
• Distance from Asti: 29 km
The municipality is 20 km from Asti in a north-west direction.
The hilly landscape is characterized by the presence of large areas of woods, which cover 80% of the territory and allow long walks for oxygen therapy, embellished by the excellent quality of the water of the springs.
The economy is however linked to agricultural activity, from forestry to organic farming.
Among the monuments we remember the parish church dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, the municipal house and the underground tunnels of the concentric (under the space once occupied by the castle).
Traces of Romanesque architecture can be found in the church dedicated to S. Martino, located in the cemetery area. Important also the presence of plaster ceilings in some buildings, which testify to a construction technique typical of the area between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
The birthplace of Mamma Margherita is located in Cecca hamlet. Many localities conserve Pliocene fossils. Testimonies of the territory and the history of Capriglio are preserved in the Mamma Margherita Museum.