The church, which appears to already existing in the second half of the 1500s, acquired in the early decades of the 1600s the parish functions that had been the prerogative of the ancient church of S. Lorenzo for more than four centuries.
The building we observe today was designed by architect Filippo Malabayla of Asti and built under his direction, beginning in 1646.
The bell tower was, in 1905, was raised by 8.5 meters, reaching an overall height of about 30 meters.
It is equipped with five bells.
Inside, the ceiling was frescoed by Paolo Gaidano in 1892. Above the side altar of the Holy Rosary we can see a canvas by the Moncalvo School; above the Suffrage altar, instead, there is a painting of the Roman school.
A large canvas depicting the Nativity has small panels in the frame representing the grand mysteries.
The large crucifix above the high altar dates from 1690. There are two palliots dating from 1682 to 1683.
The facade was completed, restored and embellished in 1970.
It stands in a panoramic position.
Comune di Tigliole
- Le chiese
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
BeWeb - Beni Ecclesiastici in WEB
- Chiesa di San Lorenzo