Vaglio Serra: in the “quadrilateral of the four A” the pearl protected by the woods.
Vaglio Serra lies in the southern Astigiano.
It is about 26 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
Historians believe that the first settlement in the area, a Ligurians tribe, can be traced back to the year 118.
The town was among the possessions of the Marquisate of Incisa and the Municipality of Asti.
It later passed to the Marquisate of Monferrato and then reverted to the Incisa family and the Municipality of Asti.
Food and wine and typical products.
Important is the wine production.
The wines of the area are Barbera d'Asti, Moscato d'Asti and Asti Spumante.
An opportunity to taste them is the Sagra delle Scorte di San Martino.
To be seen.
The Castle of Vaglio Serra (or Stella) dating back to the eighteenth century, is now used as a vacation home and wedding venue.
Also, worth seeing are the Church of St. Pancras (Chiesa di San Pancrazio), the Brotherhood of the Disciplined (Confraternita dei Disciplinati), and the Shrine of St. Pancras (Santuario di San Pancrazio).
Precious ancient plants dwell in the roof garden of the Municipal Palace.
- Synthesis / reprocessing information taken from the institutional website (current and previous versions) of the Municipality of Vaglio Serra - https://www.comune.vaglioserra.at.it
- Cover image source: Municipality of Vaglio Serra - https://www.comune.vaglioserra.at.it
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
- Vaglio Serra
News from Vaglio Serra
- Discover the latest news posted on the website of the Municipality of Vaglio Serra
Events in Vaglio Serra
- Discover the events posted on the website of the Municipality of Vaglio Serra
Social network | Municipality of Vaglio Serra
Follow your Municipality on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vaglioserra/