In the atmospheres of Berzano di San Pietro, the artists' village where Romanesque art duets with the beauty of Nature.
Berzano di San Pietro is one of the highest villages in Low Monferrato.
It is about 40 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
The earliest documents referring to the town date from 1148.
The name “Berzano di San Pietro” has been assumed since 1863.
Food and wine and typical products.
The town is characterized by numerous areas planted with vineyards.
Typical wines include Freisa and Malvasia di Castelnuovo Don Bosco.
The production of sweets and breadsticks is also important, accompanying the typical dishes of Piedmontese gastronomy.
To be seen.
The parish Church of Saints Peter and Paul Apostles (Chiesa dei Santi Pietro e Paolo Apostoli) stands on the high ground that once housed the castle.
Absolutely not to be missed are the Church of St. John the Baptist (Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista) and the Church of St. Peter (Chiesa di San Pietro).
Also on the outdoor theme is the presence of the Wood of Orchids (Bosco delle Orchidee).
In Berzano di San Pietro there is a durmast (a species of oak), included in the list of monumental trees of Piedmont.
- Synthesis / reprocessing information taken from the institutional website (current and previous versions) of the Municipality of Berzano di San Pietro - https://www.comune.berzanosanpietro.at.it/
- Cover image source: Provincia di Asti - https://www.provincia.asti.it
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
- Berzano di San Pietro
News from Berzano di San Pietro
- Discover the latest news posted on the website of the Municipality of Berzano di San Pietro
Events in Berzano di San Pietro
- Discover the events posted on the website of the Municipality of Berzano di San Pietro
Social network | Municipality of Berzano di San Pietro
Follow your Municipality on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/berzanoSP