In the atmospheres of Berzano di San Pietro, the village of artists, where Roman art duets with the beauties of nature.
Berzano di San Pietro is one of the highest in the whole of the Low Monferrato.
The town covers an area of 7.34 km² and has a population of about 400 inhabitants.
It is about 40 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
The first documents referring to the town date back to 1148.
The name “Berzano di San Pietro” was assumed from 1863.
Food and wine and typical products.
The town is characterized by numerous areas planted with vineyards.
Typical wines include Freisa and Malvasia di Castelnuovo Don Bosco.
The production of sweets and breadsticks is also important, accompanying the typical dishes of Piedmontese gastronomy.
To be seen.
The parish church dedicated to Saints Pietro e Paolo Apostoli is located on the hill that once housed the castle.
Still, on the subject of outdoors, we note the presence of the Bosco delle Orchidee (Wood of Orchids).
In Berzano di San Pietro there is a durmast (oak species), with a shaft of 320 centimeters and a height of 17 meters, included in the list of monumental trees of Piedmont.
Information synthesis and/or re-elaboration was taken from the website of the Municipality of Berzano di San Pietro
Cover image source: Provincia di Asti